Copy link succeeded! Now can share to friends.
As the saying goes, “food is the most important thing for the people.” In China, people attach great importance to “eating.” However, regarding Mandarin Chinese food, the ingredients, cooking techniques, and flavors vary greatly from place to place. This creates “cuisine” as the most direct feature of regional differences.
As a big country, Chinese cuisine is second to none in the world in terms of its variety of dishes, a wide range of flavors, and exquisite cooking methods. For a long time, due to the influence of the local environment, climate, products, customs, and eating habits, Mandarin Chinese food has formed various schools with local flavor characteristics. Initially, there are only four major cuisines: Shandong, Jiangsu, Guangdong, and Sichuan. Later, some regions developed their own cuisine which gave birth to Zhejiang, Fujian, Hunan, and Hui local cuisine. These eight form China’s “eight major cuisines”. Every cuisine has a series of flavor dishes from snacks to banquets.
As we all know, the disputes brought about by the “eight major cuisines” have a long history. So, up to now, which of the “eight major cuisines” is most concerned by netizens? What are the hot dishes in the major cuisines? Come and look at the most popular Chinese dishes in China and abroad. How many have you eaten?
1. Fried crab horn
Fried crab horn is a crab dumpling stuffed with cream cheese. It usually comes with a sour-sweet, plum, or roast duck dipping sauce. Most restaurants in the United States usually use it as an appetizer.
2. Stir-fried Chowder
There are bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, mushrooms, and cabbage in the chowder, as well as chicken, prawns, or beef. Chinese takeout restaurants are probably the least wasteful of raw materials~
3. Fried beef with Broccoli
I don’t know if you’ve heard of cabbage beef. I heard that this dish is a product of broccoli instead of broccoli because Chinese people can’t find cabbage abroad.
4. Chicken rolls
The egg roll is an enlarged version of the spring roll. It has a thick outer skin and is filled with meat and vegetables. This kind of dim sum exemplifies Chinese flavor.
Of course, the above dishes have been improved by the local people’s preferences. The real Chinese dishes are as follows:
1. Gong Bao chicken, a representative dish of Sichuan cuisine, is very popular in China and abroad.
2. Sweet and sour pork is popular in Zhejiang cuisine, Sichuan cuisine, Shandong cuisine and Halal cuisine. It also permeated international cuisine.
3. Spring rolls are a traditional Chinese snack. I didn’t expect foreigners to like it so much.
4. Dumplings contain the essence of Chinese culture, which is naturally the most representative dish in the eyes of foreigners.
5. Egg Fried rice is the simplest fried rice., It is also a Chinese staple food often eaten by foreigners.
6. Ma Po bean curd is another representative dish of Sichuan cuisine. This dish is popular amongst foreigners.
7. Roast duck is the representative of Chinese cuisine in the minds of foreigners.
8. Fried shrimps with cashew nut is a famous Cantonese dish. It tastes tender and juicy, and the cashew nut is crispy. Foreigners like it very much.
9. This is a dish especially improved for foreigners by chefs in Guangdong. Its prototype is sweet and sour spareribs.
It is said that the taste of Sichuan cuisine is one of the best piquancy combinations in the world. Sichuan cuisine has a variety of flavors, such as spicy, sour, and spicy, tangerine peel, fish flavor, strange flavor, etc. Sichuan cuisine is also the largest folk cuisine. Nowadays, Sichuan cuisine restaurants are blooming everywhere. In addition to dumplings and Beijing roast duck, Sichuan dishes are highly accepted overseas. Dishes such as fish-flavored shredded pork and kung pao chicken diced.
In East Asian countries (mainly Japan and South Korea), the most popular dish is Sichuan cuisine, and Mapo Tofu is the most recognized dish. Sichuan cuisine is obviously the most popular among the eight major cuisines, followed by Guangdong cuisine, Hunan cuisine, Shandong cuisine, and Hui cuisine; While Fujian cuisine, Zhejiang cuisine and Jiangsu cuisine have intrinsic appeal and unique flavor, they belong to the eastern coastal areas and are not as popular. The second and third places are included by two Hangzhou traditional dishes, Dongpo meat, and Xihu vinegar fish.
Generally speaking, the “eight major cuisines” have their own systems, representing different customs and cultural characteristics of different places. But in the final analysis, they are all Chinese people’s attention and love for “eating”. We can see that among the most popular dishes, Cantonese cuisine, Sichuan cuisine, and some Chinese homemade ingredients are the most popular among foreigners. Foreigners like sour and sweet dishes, This has something to do with the fact that foreigners still eat less Chinese food, and that Cantonese and Sichuan cuisine is more popular in foreign markets.
Your first 1-on-1 Chinese lesson offer